NHV Hat Day 2020
14 November 2020
The online program kicks off on NHV social media channels on Saturday 14th November at 09:30 with a live conversation between Elly Stemerdink, chairwoman, and a member of the board of the MAA, the Millinery Association of Australia. This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know this Australian sister organisation, which has been contributing to our Hatlines for a year.
The workshops will start at 10:15.
There is a choice of three online workshops:
- Marianne Jongkind
Teaches the use of Racello straw, one of the projects from her book Hat Couture. (Language: Dutch)
- Wies Mauduit
Shares the couture technique Draping with silk. Participants will receive materials for this workshop delivered in the post. (Language: Dutch)
- Lauren Ritchie
An Australian milliner who regularly reports on interesting techniques in Hatlines, will deliver a workshop on making a Crown headband in millinery wire. (Language: English)
- These workshops will be delivered simultaneously between 10:15 and 12:45.
- These are live workshops and cannot be watched again at a later time. Participants will receive a link which will allow them to log in to the Zoom session of their instructor shortly before the starting time.
- Bookings for these workshops will open from Monday 26th October 09:00 on the NHV website. NHV members will have priority. After a week, from Monday 2nd November, non-members will be able to book the remaining spots.
- Booking for the workshops will close on Saturday 7th November 2020 at midnight.
- In view of the short period between booking and the date of the workshops, participants are kindly asked to pay the workshop fees to their instructor directly upon booking. The booking will only be valid after payment.
If you wish to participate in a workshop, please register via the registration form. Make sure you are on time at the workshop you registered for as any remaining places will go to other interested parties!
Please note: the workshops must be paid in advance by lodgement to the bank account number listed with the workshop. Your registration will only be secure once payment is made.
The following suppliers will propose special offers for the duration of the NHV Annual Hat Day through their website or social media channels:
- Plooij Hats and Materials via www.plooij.nu;
- Hoedendingen via www.allforhats.nl; and
- Carina Marcon via www.capadicarina.be/CdiC-Supplies-c44829105.
Carina will give a presentation on the different types of stiffener which she sells. More information on this will follow at a later date.
Keep an eye on the websites of these suppliers for more information and offers!
The Competition Hat Show will commence at 14:00, once again live streamed on the NHV Instagram and Facebook accounts. The winners of this extraordinary edition will be announced directly afterwards by jury chairwoman Mirjam Nuver! And, because we are determined to keep looking forward, despite the current challenges, the theme of the Hat Competition 2021 will be revealed at the same time. A recording of the livestream of the Hat Show will be available to view on social media (the workshops, however, will not).
To end this day like a party, we would like to have a drink with you all at 17:00. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do this physically, together in the same space, but the NHV members will be able to meet in a Zoom session. Those who are interested will receive a link, further information will follow. Please prepare a drink and a snack to eat so we can toast to better times!
Book signing Marianne Jongkind
The book signing of Marianne Jongkind’s book Hat Couture will take place online on Sunday 15th November. Buy your copy on the 14th or 15th of November in Dutch or in English via www.hatmags.com. You will find the link to your personal virtual time slot with Marianne in the confirmation email of your purchase! Your copy, signed by Marianne, will then be posted to you.
Exhibition of the Competition Hats
The Competition Hats will be on display at the ACEC building in Apeldoorn between the 15th and the 6th of December.
Opening times of the exhibition: Friday to Sunday between 12:00 and 17:00.
For more information: www.acecgebouw.nl.